AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Recently purchased a 6010 switcher from AV Science. Do I need to purchase an NEC (VGA-VGA) control cable for (remote1-remote1/not standalone mode)or will the standard pinouts on a generic cable be sufficient? The documentation on the pinouts seems to indicate a standard cable will work but I may be misreading it in some way...Thanks in advance for any help....Cary

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Cary

I would not use the VGA cable because there are 6 pins for the remote connection but all the other pins must be left open.

All these other pins have other functions in standalone mode to control the inputs etc.

The cable is fairly simple to make up and cheaper.

JAmes

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...From what I see (and I may very well be wrong) the additional connections are there for manual switching features that will not be used between the switcher and projector. I may try it and see how it works. I was also wondering whether the control cable carries any of the non-RGBHV video signal. I guess it would have to carry the Video/S-Video signal unless the switcher somehow converts it to RGBHV...Thanks..Cary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.