AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my ISS-6020 Moome HDMI card running last night, but wanted to compare the output of my digital cable box using HDMI/Moome versus component. My XG will handle both component and RGBHV signals just fine, so I hooked the cable box component output into one of the ISS RGB inputs. I can't seem to get a signal output from this input. Does the ISS pass component signals through the RGB inputs/outputs or does it need to see the sync signals too?

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
You _might_ be able to jumper the G input to the H input if the ISS does need to see a sync signal. I've done that with some Extron pieces to fool them into thinking they are getting an RGBs signal.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I've never tried it, but the ISS is _supposed_ to be agnostic... you should be able to feed either as long as the XG can autodetect or have memory blockage that sees when component comes in...

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ellis /forum/post/0

I got my ISS-6020 Moome HDMI card running last night, but wanted to compare the output of my digital cable box using HDMI/Moome versus component. My XG will handle both component and RGBHV signals just fine, so I hooked the cable box component output into one of the ISS RGB inputs. I can't seem to get a signal output from this input. Does the ISS pass component signals through the RGB inputs/outputs or does it need to see the sync signals too?

Not sure if this is your problem but is your cable box capable of simultaneous componenet & HDMI output? For my HR10 if there is a HDMI connection the component connection does not work.

jidelite

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidelite /forum/post/0

Not sure if this is your problem but is your cable box capable of simultaneous componenet & HDMI output? For my HR10 if there is a HDMI connection the component connection does not work.

jidelite

I've observed the same behavior with a SA3250HD STB...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.