Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Its been awhile since I posted here...good to be back! I did a forum search on the NEC LCD4000 40" tft lcd display but no threads were found. Does anyone know where I can possibly find a review on this display?

I bought an NEC 42MP3 two years ago and love its pq and performance. But, I'm looking for a burn-in free digital display, non-projection, that we can watch OTA HD and plain-old cable with. I ran across the NEC LCD4000 over at plasmadepot at a very good price but I can't seem to find any amateur/professional reviews about its performance.

Best regards,

Ricky

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ricky:

Do let us know if you decide to get the NEC/Mitsubishi 4000. Peter Putman appears to think it is very promising but needs a little work to be ready for prime time as a home theater monitor. Note that it does not have a DVI/HDCP interface. A customer rep at one on-line computer monitor company told me that it is a super computer monitor but that he would not recommend it as a home theater monitor. As you may know, Mitsubishi has tweeked the NEC/Mitsubishi 30" LCD to make it more of a home theater monitor. It is on display at many Tweeters. If the 40" were tweeked the same way as they did the 30" LCD and the price was right--maybe $5K--I think a number of us would be signing up. There are trade offs vis a vis plasma, but the 30" Mits is extremely good.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Malachy, even a plasma not like me would consider a Mits 30"-class variant at 40" and $5k. It'd still be overpriced, to me, but I would be tempted by its dual-use functionality.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
My whelm has been low thus far from Samsung's 405 as well as the 406 prototypes. The 325 did not wow me enough to think they are making stuff as beautiful as NEC/Mitsubishi in the larger sizes.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all...thanks for all of the replys!

I went to my local Fry's (don't like'em) and saw the 30" Mits/NEC TFT LCD...WOW!

It was set next to the Sharp 30" and Sony 30". By far, I thought the vibrance of colors, contrast and black level was much better. Of course, I'm sure all settings were cranked but it sure looked good. I wonder how far off the 40" version is right now.

Best Regards,

Ricky

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
There wasn't any indiciation at CEDIA that a 40" version of that Mitsubishi was in the offing. That isn't to say there won't be one, but it also is not in the brochure for the 2004 models....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.