Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm investigating low-cost solutions for line-doubling 480i video into a Barco CRT projector for my future home theater. I've already had my heart broken by a Viewsonic NextVision N6 - nice features, but lousy deinterlacing and scaling. Now I'm in the market for another cheap solution :D .

Anyway, I came across these NEC switcher-line doubler units on ebay (check out items 3072375135, 3072997814, and 2780961712). They seem to be pretty substantial pieces of commericial video gear. They also have discrete input switching, control by PC or hard-wire connection, and a VGA pass-though for my high-definition box. I've downloaded the manual for the IDC-3000 and it appears to have four different modes for de-artifacting video. Intriguing.

But...are they any good? Does anybody use one of these to line-double their video?

·
Registered
323 Posts
SJinBoise, See your Personal messages.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
SJinBoise,

I believe Curt Palme over in the CRT forum used one for a significant amount of time, and loved it. You might want to PM him for details.

Edit: That's the CRT projector forum, not the CRT direct view...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi. I picked up a NEC IDC-1000 (part of an auction lot) but don't have any use for it. I don't even know how to use it. You welcome to have it if you want. Just send me a PM if you're interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.