AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when in progressive mode i get 3 white dashes at very top of the display area about 18 inches apart.panny works perfect other wise.has anybody else had this problem.the lines are not in the picture.i tried different ratios.is this due to no overscan.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the same combo, but I don't have the lines.

I have the RP91 set for a 16:9 display (very important!) and whatever the darker black setting is. There's also that mystical setting for what kind of display device you have (TV, CRT PJ, LCD, etc.). I don't remember what I have mine set to, but this may affect overscan.

I have the 'U' (user) settings turned on, but they're all zeroed out. The 4:3 zoom (active when 16:9 display selected) is on Auto.

As for the LT150, all input types are set to Auto (versus specifying RGB, Component, NTSC, etc.) and all video filtering is turned off. I happen to have a Panamorph, so I use the Normal aspect ratio, but Cinema is what you'd obviously use for 16:9 material or 4:3 pillar boxed into a 16:9 frame.

I'm only running down all these settings as a point of reference. You have probably tried all of them. None of my fiddling around with them ever produced the white dashes. As a last idea, you can try fiddling around with the H/V sync and phase controls of the LT in the advanced setup options. These should auto adjust, but I'm not sure if previous settings are retained. There's also an auto adjust on the remote I believe.

Good luck!

- Dieter

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
The 3 dashes are vertical sync if memory serves me correctly.

Try moving vertical sync closer to center to see if that helps.

Regards,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have to agree with XP800 - I have same combination of parts (RP-91 and LT150 - no panamorph) and have played with all the DVD player and projector settings extensively. (Except I have the "U" settings turned off.) I've never seen the 3 white dashes either.

Hoov

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.