AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I received my Dell LT150 yesterday. I'm going to do a shootout between Mitsubishi X30 and NEC LT150 sometime soon.

I can confirm - NEC LT150 and Mitsubishi X30 share the same lamp, the lamp cartridge looks absolutely identical on both projectors and swapable. I believe lamps from all other Plus U3-1080 clones (I known 6 clones) can be used in LT150.

Lamp from Lightware -> $389

Lamp from Mitsubishi -> $400

Lamp from NEC -> ...?

--------

Regards,

-Gavrilych

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Lightware and Mitsubishi rate the bulb at 1000 hours.

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well that does it... I don't think I'd trade my still-to-arrive LT150 for the LP530 I was thinking about... The price difference is too much and I don't need the brightness as I'm creating a no-windows theater in the basement... I'm running it off an HTPC so I can simulate all the scaling/de-interlacing/etc that I need before the signal gets to the projector... And I can buy three or four lamps before I get to the price of the LP530.

It really would make no sense to sell it and go for the LP530 would it? I would lose the 800:1 constrast ratio too!

JoseQ

------------------
http://www.speedhost.com
a href= http://www.emuviews.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is great news. Did you check the bulbs of each for any type of manufacturer part number, or lot number similarity or do they look the same? Just curious.

------------------

--------
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I know the LT-150 and others lamp modular inculde lamp and PC Board,could I just replace the lamp only? that I could save some cost.

If I could DIY,and I have to know the source, Where to buy the 130W lamp and not incoulding the PC Board?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.