AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my LT157 and screen set up, well sort of. The pj is on the coffee table and the screen is a 100 in 16X9 DaLite Model B. This set up it temporary as I will be ordering a new gray screen and having the pj mounted.

Any ways, this is my first PJ so bear with me. Currently the PJ is being fed from the FE CS-1 and the CS-1 is being fed by the progressive signal from a Toshiba SD-9200 DVD. First off I really like the CS-1's picture, but that anther review.

A quick review of the 157. Its an LCD with MLA and rated at 1500 lumens. To my pleasant surprise, it has no dead pixals or dust blobs.

First. Contrast Ratio the 157 is rated at >600 CR. I must say while this number is not up there with the DLP's, it is much better than I thought. The shadow detail is pretty good. My daughter and I watched Phantom Menace last night I could still make out the detail in Darth Maul's cloak.

Second. Color. the colors are represented very well. Once I have had time to calibrate the projector I'm sure it will look even better. Color fidelity looks really good. No red push like my Toshiba RPTV

Third Screen door. I am sitting about 12 feet back from the screen and cannot notice any screen door from this distance. Once I got to about 4 or 5 feet I could then make out the screen door.

In closing, I am very happy with my purchase. I am sure once the new screen comes in and I get it properly calibrated I will be extremly happy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the review. I have been considering this projector as a dual purpose machine. Home theater is my first priority, but the 157's size and the PC card capability would allow me to use it in the classroom as well.

You have noted that this is your first projector. Have you seen others, in good display environments, in order to make any comparisons?

Also, I take it that your screen size is 100" diagonal, which would make it about seven feet wide. Am I right? If so, no screen door from 12' is quite good--closer than a 2x ratio.

Mike

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too use this as dual purpose, presentaitions and the like.

I looked at some DLPs like the Sharp 9000, Infocus Screenplay NEC LT150 but other than the Sharp all the rainbows gave me a headache. As far as other LCDs not really, I looked at the NEC LT155 I thought the 157 gave a nicer picture

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.