AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with Infinity Micro? Has anybody used these guys before? I was at Projector central and was shopping for the best price on the lt150. Infinity's ad says:

"CALL US! WE WILL BEAT ANY LEGITIMATE PRICE! AND FREE SHIPPING, TOO! Units are available! Infinity Micro is

your one stop shopping center for your projector needs."

Well I have a price of $2250 plus a Da lite 92" diag screen for $124 from a local place. It's a great deal but I have to pay 7% sales tax which makes it not as great a deal.

Infinity Micro was very rude to me and said they won't meet that price and they don't do free shipping for THAT projector. Then they hung up on me. Not cool!! Oh yeah, they want you to pay by check?? WTF???

I'd steer clear of this place....

anybody have any recomendations on who to deal with before I decide local is best.

Thanks!

Andrew (Susan's Husband)

[This message has been edited by SusanP (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Andrew,

yeah, i've heard some not so positive things about them elsewhere, too.

honestly though-after putting over 80 hrs on mine i think even with the 7%, you're getting a great pj for an excellant price. since i've heard these have been discontinued, i'd just grab that one asap. you could fiddle around and try to shave off another $100-200, but you also might get totally shut out.

if i'd have known how well this pj would work out, i would have gladly paid $3250.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Andrew,

I'm looking into an LT150 purchase soon also. I did see Infinity Micro on this link.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...05eeddef642fea

Check out the reviews of Infinity Micro 16 of 20 very, very bad reviews. I will not use them, especially since this projector can be had for the same price from someone else. You may want to use Software Plus.

Also check out rickforrest's comment here http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/009152.html

it is about half way down posted at 9:51pm on 9-25-01.

I think I'll hold a bit longer with my purchase. I hate the though of spending $600 more for this projector then what its lowest price has been.

It is a risk that is it works will be great, and if it doesn't I'll be kicking myself until the next "great deal" comes along.

Let me know what you think. Good Luck

------------------

Todd

---------------------

-scan-lines-annoy-me-

---------------------

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
$2250 is a good price. I'd buy from a local dealer and pay a little more for the convenience and service - I had to buy the LT150 sight unseen. Stay away from those shady dealers. Only use reputable places with good customer service, especially with hi dollar items.

Dell customer service is horrible IMO, I don't care what they say about themselves. But their discounts (ie 20%) are hard to beat. Anyway, I got my LT150 from CDW and had an EXCELLENT experience! You have an individual rep that you can contact and they do return your calls. They also have a price match policy. Although they claimed they couldn't match the Dell Business price since it was below cost, they were able to get it down under $2300 shipped. Which is about the same as the Dell price with the sales tax I would have to pay anyway.

Good luck. I believe LT150's are in short supply so I would hurry if you want one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased my LT150 from Infinity Micro. I ordered it on Monday, 9/24 and received it on Wednesday. At first they told me they had it in stock and it would get shipped that day. Instead, they had to get it from a distributor, that took a day, then they shipped it overnight to me on Wed.

After the delay on Monday, I called NEC on Tuesday to inquire about Infinity Micro to see if they were legitimate. NEC confirmed they were legitimate and informed me Infinity get's their projectors from a distributor and not directly from them. They also mentioned the LT150 was in very short supply. NEC also confirmed my projector would have the full manufactor's warrenty, which was another concern I had.

Because of the reviews I read on the web about Infinity I decided to do the COD method. There was a $28 dollar COD surcharge but you get a 3% discount if you do COD. Total price with overnight delivery, $2283.00. With the COD, if they don't deliver as promised, you are only out of the cashiers check charge.

When I finally talked to the manager Michael he delivered on his promise. Monday after they mislead me, I actually faxed them a copy of the bad reviews on PriceGrabber, I figured that would get their attention. They actually throw in a free, CHEAP!, surge protector for my trouble.

If you are going to use them, use COD.

Good luck!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Corrie P:

If you are going to use them, use COD.

If you do, you give up ALL of the benefits that your credit card gives you, i.e. fraud protection and/or disputing the charge.

Always pay with a credit card. Always.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rick, you have a point about using a credit card. However, with COD you can inspect the projector before you pay for it, I did.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Corrie P:
Rick, you have a point about using a credit card. However, with COD you can inspect the projector before you pay for it, I did.

A cursory look, maybe. But the UPS guy didn't let you unpack it, plug it in, center it on your screen, test with VGA, component, video, and s-video, etc.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What happens if you just don't like the product? How much is that going to cost you to return it in a restocking charge, if you even can return the item.

I asked my CDW Rep what the return policy was on the LT150 if I purchased from them and was told 30days, 100% refund, no questions asked. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Quote:
What happens if you just don't like the product? How much is that going to cost you to return it in a restocking charge, if you even can return the item.
Quote:
I asked my CDW Rep what the return policy was on the LT150 if I purchased from them and was told 30days, 100% refund, no questions asked. Thank you very much.

Well you can't beat that policy. Most places usually charge 15% for a restocking fee if you just don't like it and you usually don't get 30 days to decide either. I have just got a NEC 9PG+ CRT projector mated with a Quadscan and had a very knowledgable tech come set it up. For me it still seems a bit soft and have thought about getting a LT150 after hearing about the sharp image it puts out. Anybody have any experiences with both a CRT and a LT150 they wanna share?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hardwired:

Hope you have that in writing because their return policy clearly states a 15% restocking fee on all working items. I wouldn't worry too much though because the 150 seems like a keeper from everything I've read. Anybody have an extra $2300 they could contribute to the Projectorless Relief Fund http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought from Inifinity micro and probably wouldn't do it again. I've always found the "credit card surcharge" practice to be rather sleazy. Interestingly enough, if you do a search on shopper.com, the price shown for the LT150 includes the credit charge, so it's a fair comparison. At the time, no one else was matching that price so I bought from them. I didn't have a particularly bad experience, but they are definitely not the slickest on-line vendor I've dealt with.

Go with the local place. Still a good price, even with tax, and you have the convenience of taking it back there for service should something go wrong.

------------------

Dave E.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

Quote:
Hope you have that in writing because their return policy clearly states a 15% restocking fee on all working items.
I saw that on the website. I called and placed the order with a human being and asked what the return policy was specifically to "my" CSR. And asked it again to make sure. If I had to retuen the item I really don't think I would have had a problem. Unlike Dell, I don't have to deal with a different CSR everytime. I just call the CSR's direct extension.

I suggest you ask your assigned CSR the same question - maybe mine was feeling generous that day http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif But if the LT150 works I doubt that you will return it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.