AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to share their settings for this projector. I'm using Dscaler for cable and dish and WinDVD for DVD to the VGA input. I also have a Radeon card. I was wondering how others are setting up their software. I'm not sure if this is the right forum but this but this seems to be where all the LT150 expertise is.

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
I think you aren't getting a response because the projector is set very close to perfect from the factory. I've played with the controls(I use DVD & sometimes HTPC), but I keep coming back to the factory settings. I adjust the gamma to the movie I am watching and leave all else default. I guess

with Video Essentials it could be tweaked a bit better, but why bother. I've only watched DVDs, so I can't speak for the TV settings. I have used WinDVD & Radeon and to my eyes it looks great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys, unfortunately I cannot help you because I do not own a 150. I am, however, considering purchasing one. Could you please give me your opinions on this projector. Have you ever seen HDTV on the 150?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I agree with Randy - I spent a ton of time fooling around with settings when I had my GeForce 2 Video Card and finally discovered that it looked great with everything set at default. When I switched to the Radeon I have left everything on default for the HTPC settings! I make slight adjustments using the projector's settings only - gamma natural 2 for most movies and natural 1 for animation. I have the brightness setting slightly above 50% to give me better shadow detail without washing out the image.

If you want opinions on the LT150 do a search under LT150 and pay particular attention to Sofacinema's post' "LT150 another man's review." There is a discussion concerning the LT150 and different screens.

As far as HDTV - see Darian's perspicacious comments and posts. You might want to review, "For Your Eyes Only" as well, since it runs the gamut of views on the LT150. Les just did an indepth review of the LP350, LT150 and Sanyo 21 - it's current.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Grant.. you forgot to repeat the mantra: "white segment off...white segment off.. white segment off..." http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Oh and jlee - you'll probably want to change to the ATI player for maximum picture quality. Check out the Radeon faq in the HTPC forum.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have already read those posts and all the rest. Thats how I selected the LT150 in the first place. So you send everything as XGA? Nothing different for film vs. video source? Default for scaling cable and dish sources? I'll try the ATI player again since it came with my card. From reading the HTPC forum I thought the WinDVD player was the current favorite. I need to order my high gain screen this week. I hope it works since I have a ceiling mount but the screen is only 1 foot from the floor since the ceiling is 7 1/2 feet. I already ordered a hush box.

To soon to make a judgement since I just got the projector 2 weeks ago and built the pc last week. Going into the svideo especially with cable was pretty disapointing but things are starting to look very good now. My biggest problem is a noisy cable/DSS signal and jaggies on all signals. I need to look into better cables and check for ground problems.

Compared to my present VGA LCD projector it's a big improvement wih DVD but the jurys still out on cable/DSS. It remind me of a high resolution audio system. The best sources look great and the not so great look bad. It does'nt hide anything. Can't wait to try HDTV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.