AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone matched up a video scaler with the Nec lt150?

What were the results,improvements or lack therof.I was lloking at the Videonics quad scaler to match up with this.I am using for my humble home theater Direct tv,laserdisc, dvd,s-vhs players.THanks for any info or help with this.

David

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi David, and welcome to the forum.

I'm using a Crystalimage scaler right now, and although the picture is greatly improved, I'm still messing around with the menus of both units.

I find that, depending on the source material, the PQ can vary quite a bit!

The DVD transfers can vary so much, I have to play with the menus of both units to get the PQ as good as it can be.

I use the 15 pin RGB connector to connect the 2 units together, and since it's an RGBHV connection, there are some menu corrections that are not available to use in the menus of the 150 when using RGB, so I mostly use the adjustments on the CI to gain the best possible picture.

I, as you, am still looking for people who are using MY scaler with the 150. I have no knowledge of the Videonoics, but I'm hoping that we can get some more input on scalers people use with the 150, as it seems most have opted for an HTPC.

I'm not really sure, after having read the documentation of the 150, the CI, and the DVD player, that I've figured out if I've done all that is necessary to get the best possible picture from this little puppy, but maybe some kind and informative souls will take the time to help us out. Cheers, VB

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm using a Vigatec GVC1280 with my Lt150. It looks real good on Dvd and Hd tv inputs. Ialso tried a sony Directivo with it and it looks REAQl bad. I hven't had much time to tweak yet so I'm sure it can get Better. Does it make sense to spent $3000 on a scaler for a $1700 projector?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'm using a Faroudja DVP 2200 which may seem like overkill, but I had the scaler for a couple of years before the LT150. I'm also using an ISCO II lense. The combination of the ISCO and the Faroudja make this budget projector competitive with far more expensive projectors.

The Faroudja gives the image a smooth 3D film-like image with good color saturation. No jaggies or motion artifacts.

------------------

John
My HT Picts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Not sure what the new price, but I saw a recent ad in the classifieds for a Vidikron rebadged 2200 for $3,000

------------------

John
My HT Picts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.