AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to pick up a newish NEC LT-150 with a 3 year warranty for about the same price as the new Sanyo PLV-Z1.

NEC LT150 DLP 800lm 800cr 1024x768 XGA Resolution

SANYO PLV-Z1 LCD 700lm 800cr 965x544 WVGA Resolution

Last night I set up the LT150 on a DIY screen of curtain black out and was very impressed with the image detail driven with an HTPC. I did however notice many rainbow artifacts and knew that I may before buying this projector. My wife did not complain and I have not mentioned rainbows to shelter her from the issue.

I now have cold feet about the LT150 and I'm wondering if I should return it and get the Z1. I would be trading the classic 150 with it's rainbows for the Z1 with its lower resolution. Also I hear of banding on the Z1. What's up with that?

Comments please...

No one to talk to about this!

·
Registered
122 Posts
o captain my captain :)

I have the Z1 and am running it using a progressive scan cd player (panny rp56) and and have not experienced any banding.

I've seen a couple other projectors in action (piano 3100, infocus LS110, sharp 9000) and the sanyo definitely holds its own.

IMHO at that price you just simply cannot go wrong.

One thing to consider is that I use my sanyo for dvd viewing only. I haven't tried any regular 4:3 sources (tv, tivo etc.). From some of the reviews here I've heard that the HS-10 would be a much better bet if you want to view HD.

ps. note: I have not seen or used an LT-150.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re rainbows: As an owner of the Lt-150 the only advice I can give is anecdotal and personal. When I first purchased the unit one year ago I noticed rainbows, but, within the first two or three viewings, the rainbow phenomenom seemed to "dissapear". Others have commented about this happening to them as well. It seems that the eye/brain connection adjusts and the effect diminishes over a relatively short period of time. PS I've had a dozen different people over to view my PJ--no one has mentioned seeing rainbows or any other anomally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.