AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 4 on the 19th. 2 just arrived Fed-Ex with Tech Data labels whited out. I called on the other 2 I ordered and they they only see 2 on the order total...I will wait and see what happens, but they only billed my cc for 2 at the "good" price. IT IS A REAL DEAL!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Well, those who ordered Day #1, they are starting to come in. Us poor folks who waited til Monday may be in for a much longer wait. I am in no hurry though, I just got a Sanyo XP21N two weeks ago and a Stewart Greyhawk last week. The Sanyo will be my main dedicated HT projector, the LT150 will be a mobile toy for business and pleasure. Can't wait to see them side by side though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ARGH! I just called Dell to ask "When the heck am I getting mine?" and they said they had no record of my order! I am in the process of getting this rectified and have faxed them my confirmation e-mail.

I highly suggest to all those who have not received an order number or called for one, to call and confirm ASAP.

Thomas

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would also suggest to call sales rather than Customer service. It took me two calls to sales but I will hopefully get mine. 1-800-433-9511

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ordered one for a friend of mine on Monday Night at ~9:30p and after pushing things a bit I have gotten a second e-mail confirming the order and saying the item should be shipped on 7/30. We will see. Why is Dell charging sales tax for Virginia sales.

The web site now has the projector listed at ~$2600 dollars,BUT they say it is in stock. What is the deal with the -in stock/out of stock- flip flop?

Maybe they just got a big shipment of projectors from whomever is dumping them.

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT JVC or anyone else who supports this!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If you ordered it from "small business" section, there will be sales tax...or so my friend who works in the group said.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Thomcat,

What number did you call to get results, who did you talk to?

I'm in the no order number boat?

Thanks...

Update: All is well, its on the way.

[This message has been edited by JackLT (edited 07-25-2001).]

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Dell's site is not a great advertisement for the abilities as a computer company. I had the same thing when I ordered last Thursday. I got the confirmation email but it wasn't until I actually phoned to check what was going on that they processed the order.

SO while I was one of the first in, it'll be a while until my projector ships as they have me down as ordering Friday rather than Thursday.

The lesson is, if you haven't got an order number, phone them.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine just showed up!!!!

Ordered before noon on the 19th, overnight shipping.

Only problem...the FedEx guy left it ON MY PORCH WITH THE RETAIL BOX SHOWING ALL OVER THE PLACE>

Oh well,

-Shawn (The Other Shawn)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Should have mentioned...

Got my tracking number by calling in to the robot, never did show up on my dellcustomercare page.

And the tracking number never even showed up on the FedEx site.

-S

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Olorin:
Mine just showed up!!!!

Ordered before noon on the 19th, overnight shipping.

Only problem...the FedEx guy left it ON MY PORCH WITH THE RETAIL BOX SHOWING ALL OVER THE PLACE>

Oh well,

-Shawn (The Other Shawn)
Shawn,

FedEx will only leave a package on your doorstep if you have authorized them to do so. Standard policy is to attempt delivery 3 times. You may want to contact customer service to check to see if you are on the authorized release list and modify it for future deliveries. the only other possibilty would be that Dell signed the release when they filled in the airway bill.

Jay

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quote:
Got my tracking number by calling in to the robot
Thanks for this. Found out my projector did ship yesterday, I do have a UPS number, and it is currently in Richmond right now. Might arrive tomorrow.

Now I just hope that someone will be in the office to pick it up. (The office is moving next week and I sent it to the new address.)

Jason

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yup calling is good if you didnt receive the order conf #

I ordered monday on the web, got the acknowledgement mail but no order #

I called today, they honored the $1701 price I ordered it at, right on!

Mine ships 7/30 so they say.

Phew and Yay!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my LT150 about 1:00pm EDT on the 19th and it arrived today at 3:30 (Fed-Ex Next Day). Hooray!! Hooked it up and watched a couple of movies, looks great, and I haven't even put the Video Essentials DVD in yet. Can't wait to see what this little thing will do when properly calibrated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ordered on the 19th also but never got a ORDER number e-mail as specified by Dell's confirmation e-mail. Did you?

The LT150 is perfect for me as I bought a DaLite Hi-Gain a couple years ago from AV Science.

Waiting excitedly...

Thomas

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'd just like to say I hate all of you who have received your new toys before me.

Thank you for listening.

--Les

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Olorin:

Oh well,

-Shawn (The Other Shawn)
I've got that beat. UPS left a $20k Faroudja 5000 at my doorstep, where it sat for four hours. 'Vidikron' and 'Faroudja' are in bold letters on the box.

Glad to see people are getting their LT150s.

-Dylan

·
Registered
273 Posts
jonm - who did you talk to about you order? It's been a nightmare trying to get anyone to speak with me about my acknowledgment. My converstations have been something like this:

"Hello. What's your order number?:

"I don't have an order number. I received an acknowlegement, not a confirm # or order #."

"I see, when did you order?"

"July 23."

"Thank you. Can I have your confirmation number please?"

"No, because I don't have one."

"Oh. Well what do you expect me to be able to do for you, then?"

"Well, why don't you put me in contact with Trevor Hoyle, who I was referred to in an earlier email."

"Never heard of him."

[that is verbatim from a recent conversation with these clueless people - sorry, needed to vent].

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.