AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
rlsmith,

I reviewed the LT155 not the LT150. It had Vortex processing.

I don't think Vortex has 3:2 pull down detection. If there was no motion in a movie, it weaved pretty good. But when motion came up, it appeared that some frames would be weaved and others would be bobbed.

It looked o.k. but a computer really improved the image.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I would also like to point out that at the Infocomm show, the 2 colorwheel manufacturers that I saw were making colorwheels with much smaller clear sections than I have seen in the past.

Whereas in the past, the clear section could be as large as 22% of the entire wheel area. Every colorwheel I saw at the show had clear sections no larger than maybe 15% and some had no clear section at all.

This is a very good sign. The smaller these clearsections get the richer the colors are going to be. I wish I had seen the LT150z at the show. I was too busy looking at NEC's big stuff and plasmas.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Registered
873 Posts
i was under the impression that the vortex technology already existed in the lt150 and lt85, as well as the ability to store a presentation on the projector.

kelly

·
Registered
873 Posts
Doh! 'Z' is for 'ZOOM' . . . .

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rlsmith:
How did you find the LT150's "Vortex" video-processing capabilities in comparison to the LP350?
rlsmith,

I never really got to testing the internal processor. I was short on time so I took Grant's word for it that the internal processor was poor and put that part at the bottom of the eval list.

I did try S-Vid in once so that I could test native mode. Surprisingly I remember True Lies (Helicopter Scene) looking pretty comparable to LP350. But I didn't get a chance to look in detail, so I don't want to draw any conclusions.

So, is that what VORTEX is, a scaler? In another thread I actually wondered aloud whether VORTEX was anything more than creative marketing. Has anyone visually compared the NEC against the PLUS it's based on?

--Les

·
Premium Member
25,537 Posts
"Has anyone visually compared the NEC against the PLUS it's based on?"

IIRC, it's the same light engine as the Plus U3-880, which was reported to have much poorer color rendition.

------------------

Noah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.