Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Talked to my NEC rep resently. The new LT150z is still on schedule and should be released in the next month or so (keep our fingers crossed). I should have pricing for it in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
This might be a silly question but...

What did NEC do to the LT150Z to make it $1000 more (street) than the 150? I mean really, the 150 is only a year old! Can the zoom be worth that much more and technology improved that much? Any thoughts, anyone?

Andy

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Andy

You are comparing end of life pricing of the LT150 to the new product pricing of the LT150Z. When the LT150 was a new product it sold in same price range or more than the LT150Z

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A more interesting question (from my perspective - having just bought an LT85), is why is the LT75z so cheap and is it an all-around improvement over the LT85 or is it, in fact, somewhat inferior to the LT85 (which is what I'm hoping :)). Note that the LT150z has the same core name as the LT150, but the LT75z is a lesser number than the LT85. Any thoughts?

Scott

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Please people, wait and give AVS a chance before you go elsewhere. They are competitive. They do alot to provide this wonderful forum for us. And they let us talk about other retail options, which is great. I have not yet purchased from them because the items I have found have been used or demo, but I'm sure I will sometime in the future. I have been known to pay local dealers a small premium because I valued their service. Just keep it in mind guys.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be curious to see if the prices that have been posted on the net stay the same. NEC technically hasn't even released pricing to dealers yet to my knowledge. I am going to see about a powerbuy on this, so keep an eye out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Lenny Eckian wrote,

Andy - You are comparing end of life pricing of the LT150 to the new product pricing of the LT150Z. When the LT150 was a new product it sold in same price range or more than the LT150Z

I think Andy was asking if it really is what we would consider to be a 'new model', and if 'yes' what's new about it? I'd like to know also, and since no one answered him I'll ask it again.

Obviously we can all see they added the little 'z' to the model number, but if it's basically the exact same model that's been out for so long now, then it shouldn't be a grand more for just a 're-released' model with a new suffix on the model code#.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by azryan
Lenny Eckian wrote,

Obviously we can all see they added the little 'z' to the model number, but if it's basically the exact same model that's been out for so long now, then it shouldn't be a grand more for just a 're-released' model with a new suffix on the model code#.
Can you say "zoom" :)

Cheers,

Halcy

PS Other than that I don't believe there's much of a difference - at least that's according to a local reseller. Read a review at:

http://www.techtv.com/freshgear/revi...351351,00.html

·
Registered
971 Posts
Thanks Azryan for seeing my point.

Sure I can say zoom. I can also say "zoom for a grand? No thanks". Heck that's almost half the cost of the original LT150; new or "end of life". Sure zoom is nice but really... No, I'm not forgetting the extra couple hundred lumens. But do you really see a big diff?

I anxiously await an official review of the shipping unit and perhaps that "powerbuy" deal from AVS... we'll see.

Andy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Zoom and a frew hundren lumens? That's it??

From what I've read at proj. central a few hundred lumens is basically impossible to actually see a diff. in, and most of us won't need a zoom when we're lookin' to fix mount this FP, not move it all over the place.

Now if they could double the bulb life (even with a slight drop in lumens) THAT'd be an improvement.

What powerbuy could beat the 2K you can get the non-zoom LT for?

Nothing against AVS trying to get us all the best deal, but more disgruntled (heh) by NEC's 'not hardly new model' yet 'higher price' FP

·
Registered
971 Posts
That's it from what I've seen so far. That's why I posted my original reply.

Bulb life. Now that WOULD be an improvement! I agree I don't think you'd see ANY difference in a couple hundred lumens.

I still think the 150 is a great buy even without a zoom (end of life or not). I'm kind of leaning toward it but was just curious about the 150z.

Andy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A couple of thoughts:

1) This projector was (and I'd imagine still is) aimed at the business market. For business users, having zoom is extremely important.

2) Do a search and you'll find a surprising number of folks using this projector "floor" mounted and, in many cases, in a setup/breakdown mode (stick it on the coffee table when you want to watch a movie, put it back in the bag and in a closet when you're done). Not saying that zoom is necessarily more important for them, just wanted to clarify that based on your statement that most people would fix mount it.

Finally, my personal thoughts are that this is a new model and this, therefore, is a price which is subject to go down over time. Believe it or not, you can find lots of dealers selling the LT150 for close to this price and the number of reputable dealers selling it for close to $2200 is pretty small.

So, what am I saying? Well, if you're in the market for an LT150 and you don't need zoom, then no, the LT150z probably isn't worth paying a premium for.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.