AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a refurbished B-Stock NEC LT158 for $750. What experiences have you all had with B-Stock projectors? Does this sound like a good deal? Does anyone else have this model? What are your experiences with it? Also, since it doesn't have component in, is there a way I can get my HD XBox games on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
cashfan - that's an absolutely amazing price even if its B-stock. Last I checked, they were selling new for around $3500. You should have a full warranty with a B-stock unit, and I swoop it up if you still can at that price.

I hope that's through a reputable dealer. I'd try to pay by credit card to have recourse in case there's anything fishy going on. Its one of those sounds to good to be true deals.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work for one of NEC's business units and they offer them to employees at Christmas time. Unfortunately its only one per customer. I was waiting for the HS10 to get here, but am going to settle with this NEC unit for now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
man you suck.. Just kidding. even if you dont want it you oculd probaly buy it and sell it and make some cash!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hmmm, those prices give an interesting angle on actual production costs.

(When I worked for CBS/Pacific Stereo a millenium or so back, employees could purchase store-brand merchandise at cost, with even better deals on customer returns. Ah, the good old days...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.