AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pretty much decided to get a Nec lt240k projector what I am wondering is If I use a 16:9 screen and have the projector in 16:9 mode and watch a 4:3 or 16x9 program will there be any light emitted from the projector above or below the screen? Also I am currently leaning towards getting a DaLite-PermWall-High Contrast Cinema screen 65x116 any other recomendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
Unfortunately there will be a small amount of light spill. Digital projectors are currently incapable of blocking all of the light from the bulb.

The projector you have picked has very good CR though so there should only be a tiny amount of light visible. If it is bothersome to you I would get a 4:3 screen and make some sort of masking to bring it to 16:9 aspect ratio.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ditto on above reply.

I currently have a 4:3 screen, and the LT240K has blanking so that you can mask the bars manually. I left my menu in "advance", so I don't know if you can get to blanking in basic mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I am trying to avoid a 4:3 screen as the area where my screen is going there is some heater ducting above it so I am able to get they width I want with 16:9 (If I go 4:3 I am limited with the height) I was concerned the projector would emit to much light and make the heater ducting light up (I plan on covering it but I imagine it would still be a bit distracting if it lit up to much)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.