Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

This is my first post here.

I'm looking for following PJs for my HT. These PJs are the only ones I could find under my budget in my area. I know a lot of people juge the PJs using their specifications without comp the picture with their own eyes. So I extremely hope to hear some suggestion from the real user.

NEC lt75z: 4:3, SVGA, DLP, 800:1,1000ANSI

AE100: 16:9, 800*480, LCD, 500:1, 700ANSI

SANYO SW20:4:3, SVGA, LCD, 350:1, 1000ANSI

Mits sl1u: 4:3, SVGA, LCD, 600:1, 1000ANSI

PLz offer some opinion for me. I do not care whether the DLP or LCD since the rainbow seems no affect to me and the screen door problem will be fixed by flexiable view distance in my room. All of these PJs are within my budget, so only thing would like to know about is the picture quality without mention about the C/P. (All the PJs will be feed with progressive DVD. My room is well bright controlled. Screen size is about 100"-120" 4:3)

My friend give me the " best picture" list in order like following, what do u guys think about it?

#1: LT75Z

#2: SL1U

#3: AE100

#4: SW20

·
Registered
660 Posts
Personally, from a pure image quality standpoint, I would rate them:

LT75Z

SW20

SL1U

AE100

Of course, it could also be source dependent. If one only watches 480p DVDs, then the AE100 would be near the top of my list. Personally, I prefer the smoother, grid-free images with more accurate blacks and whites as generally provided by DLP's. The 75z is a bit noisy, but otherwise is a fine little projector.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I agree w/ Jim's ratings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for U guy's helpful suggestions.

Now I find one more model here: lc75u. Is this one will change your rating? Besides, my friend told me that sl1u suppose to have better picture quality due to high contrast at 600:1( actrually I do not believe it my self. Since Xl1u, the XGA type, only have 350:1) and "Natural Color Matrix" help it a lot in color. So what do u think about it ?

Another thing I found is that every manufactory define their product with each different standrant. I have saw the AE100 demo'd by company agent. The black level is so unsatisfied. IMO it deserve 300:1. But they rate it at 500:1. I believe that really mislead a lot of people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry ,I suppose to provoke this topic in another forum: $5000 USD down. Fortunatelly, I got helpful response here.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ ly zhang

specs, given by the supplier will give you only one step of several for a decision "which will be the best"; therefore the best still will be, to a personal impression of the PQ. You just got the impression of the AE100 and you where disappointed.

But also by getting a demo, you have to take care of the signal quality. The best will be, when you describe the sources you want to use. Just to give an example. the AE100 will have a better PQ, when you will use a progressive signal instead of an interlaced.

Here in the forum there will be a lot if information about the pj, you are looking for. Please also have a look at the different technique - LCD or DLP - with all their advantages and disadvantages

To give you a personal rate:

1. LT75Z (DLP technique)

2. SW20 (LCD technic)

3. SL1U (LCD technique)

4. AE100 (LCD technique)

hb

5. LC 75U (LCD technique)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I have been using an LT75z for about 100 hrs. It is a little loud but can throw a great picture. The zoom feature alone makes 4:3 and 16:9 workable on a 120 in screen. You can tweak this PJ to do just about anything. About 2k, how can you go wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.