AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had a bunch of projectors including all the DLP faves. I've raved about the Sharp clones, and I thought the Thumpered Plus UP1100 was the best of the bunch.

However, I was wrong. Grant Smyth, take a bow. The genuine LT85 (and I assume 150), has a siginficantly better picture than the clones. It is as good as the Thumpered Plus series, but with better brightness.

Even weirder, on mine the S-Video is great. Better than the Infocus 340, which was a major disappointment.

I thought the Vortex/NEC proprietary stuff was marketing.

Not on the evidence so far.

I'm very impressed.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks Steve,

I have a bias and it is simply this - there's a ton of hype out there and it is easy to be impulsive. I am a great example - I see, I want, I buy. Problem is I have spent lots on money on items that were overpriced (relatively speaking)and not necessarily the best for my needs. I saw the NEC projector, when compared to several others, and I do mean several, as a bargain! Sure it has its liabilities, but if image is what you're after then this thing is a bargain!

I don't blame people for being cautious - My ego isn't so big that I assume everyone will follow me down some slippery slope without question. You have to see for yourself - your needs, your reality etc. are different from mine.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
410 Posts
"However, I was wrong. Grant Smyth, take a bow. The genuine LT85 (and I assume 150), has a siginficantly better picture than the clones. It is as good as the Thumpered Plus series, but with better brightness" Steve Dodds

Steve, are you using a HTPC? I've been using UP1100 and UP880 series projector for a long time and the look excellent only when you I use a HTPC 72 Hz refresh and adjusting the the fine picture on projector to minimum ghost and max sharpness, use to be 78.

I would like to get an opinion from people using those projector (UP1100 and LT150) basically about the black level and contrast when connected to a PC. BTW I'm using a HTPC with the Mpact video board, after testing with many other video board, for me this gave me the best overall results .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.