AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just bought a NEC mt1020 used, cause it was cheap... XGA res on a VGA budget.

Of course it has a big problem though, which I was aware of before purchase.

I am told the LCD panels are out of alignment, not bad on video but obvious on computer projection.

I called NEC, and they gave me two local repair shops to call. Both say that they cannot fix this it takes a special jig...

Do I have any options as to fixing it, or should I expect to just use it as is or sell? One repair shop said the only place that can fix is NEC in Japan.

I'm told a new LCD engine is about twice the cost of a new pj.

WTF? No RGB alignment options electronically or mechanical adjustment I can get in and tweak like my crt? It's hard to imagine there is no option here. Are there maybe RGB phase pots inside that I can align with?

Has ANYONE been able to correct this type of problem on their own? Even if there is a way to "patch" my htpc and have it send a offset RGB signal. Like using powerstrip to independently change horizontal position on RGB signals. (maybe I could pass gb through my extron 109 and r through my 202 and use the 202's horizontal adjustment? (I know I'm really stretching here.)

Troy

sony vph-1030q1 super cheapo ht setup, HK ARV80, JBL Theater speakers, HTPC, possible LCD owner or seller.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.