Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, it has SXGA, but there is not contrast at all, so if HDTV is your main watching and you can live without

blacks and contrast - buy it, otherwise I do not recommend that projector, especially for DVD. It, also, has weak

colors and replacement lamp hard to find.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just another note on the GT2000. Value depends on what you're paying for a projector. Image quality depends on what you're feeding into it.

I happen to get mine for $1500 with essentially zero hours on the lamp, and I am fairly certain you can't touch this quality at that price. I've had an Infocus LP740 (same vintage, same price), and it didn't even remotely come close to the quality of the GT2000.

I run DVD's through an HTPC (ATI Radeon 8500LE video card) and, with the proper adjustments, I can get stunning images. I run VHS and TV through a Runco SC-3300 which, even though it tops out at XGA, does a pretty good job. I would like to see what a good SXGA scaler does, but that is out of my budget for now (I would, however, be happy to test one out if someone wants to lend it to me). The fact of the matter is that a good source is every bit as important as a good projector.

One problem with the GT2000 is that I do need to tweak for different kinds of formats (animation/non-animation, light/dark, etc.); however, I've learned to live with it.

As for lamps and most other standard parts, you can readily find these from a number of retail sources. With some patience, I happen to get a replacement lamp through Ebay for $150.

I would be interested to hear other people's experiences with the GT2000, so feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've had a GT2000 for over a year now. In my opinion it held its own with everything I saw at the local professional video show last year. (12 different models on display) I mean 1366x1024 is nothing to scoff at. I would say that if contrast is its weakness, minimum screen door effect is its strength. I haven't seen the latest models to come out. All I know is that when people come over to watch OTA HD on a 106' screen, the WOW factor is very high.

HD-mike

·
Registered
269 Posts
HDmike - what is your setup with the GT2000?

I enjoy mine greatly and am always looking for more info on the projector (NEC is not too much help).

In any case, I'm always tweaking my setup, so maybe you have some info that could help.

It's probably best to take this outside the thread, so you (or anyone else with a GT2000) can contact me at [email protected] .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.