AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the actual name of the program is and who made it. I've downloaded it from 2 sources but was unable to load it. It won't let me past the setup application. Is it worth having. I thought it would be nice to be able to save my setup when it was all done, just in case.

Chip S.

· Registered
359 Posts
Chip - I have both disk (as zip files) I got them from Snaggs projector site...

Installed no problem on my Win 2000 HTPC - but I haven't tried to use it - and I don't think I will - I think it's only compatable with the PG xtra. I have a port on my pg9000 but I it's for "future use" whatever that means...

visit snaggs site .

cheers

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shane,

That is where both copies that I tried came from. I do believe it works on both PG Plus and PG Extra's as there are files for 6100, 6200, 9100, 9200 series projectors. I just can't figure out why it won't run on my computer which is 300 pent II with windows 95.

Chip S.

· Registered
69 Posts
The program is called "Projector Control" made by NEC in 1995 (according to the opening screen in the program). It will work on 6 or 9pg projectors of all types and uses the port marked "other". It saves or loads settings in one of three different file formats depending on which model (e.g. 9000, 9100, 9200) you are using.

Chip, I just installed the program on a Pentium 200MHz with windows 95 to verify that it works with Win95 ( I emailed the same attachment I sent you to another computer to confirm that all the files were present and functioning properly). Have you downloaded successfully and installed any other programs with the computer you are using? Is it possible that you have a filter setting in your Internet browser and/or email that will not accept executable files? Have you recently broken a mirror or perhaps offended a witch-doctor? ;)

I think that you will find the program useful and hope you can get it installed.

Let me know if you need the files sent snail mail.

Richard

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what I did but I did it. It's installed and I have the shortcut on my desktop. Now all I need is to come up with the cable to connect it with. I'm not exactly sure what I did but it had to do with the "extract to". Boy do I feel like a DOPE... thanks guy's

Chip S.

· Registered
1,420 Posts
Could someone give me the web address for this software.

· Registered
1,420 Posts
Ok guys I found the software can one of you tell me the procedure to use it with my 6pg xtra and with what connection on the projector do I use to download the settings.

· Registered
423 Posts
i also have this software,and it works good on dos command,but only the picture mute function can not work!

if you have no link cable,you need make it yourself.

· Registered
359 Posts
This software would be perfect for someone that is getting a 6/9 pg without the set-up remote (and of course plans on using an HTPC)

It would avoid that $155 remote cost from NEC (fortunatly I got both remotes from Doug for $90 - thanks again doug)

· Registered
1,420 Posts
Ok guys got the software working the question I have is how do I save all of the settings on my projector to my PC with the program and if need be how do I upload them back into the projector if I have to sorry for sounding like a dummy :eek:

· Registered
60 Posts
What type of cable is needed to use this software?

Is it serial from the pc to remote 1? what pinout?

I also noticed that it has some auto-converge features.

When I tried it in demo mode on my pc it opened my video capture

driver...

If you have a pc with video capture card, is there a way to mount a

camera near the projector to use this?

Just wondering if anyone tried it..

· Registered
423 Posts
hi,guys the cable is easy to make,one port use DB15M connector to connect PG projector,and the other port use DB9F connector to connect PC's series port. as the pinout number i am not sure,because i am out of town now,i will post later when i back my home!

if you have service manual you can get some info on it!

thanks!

· Registered
69 Posts
There are help files in the program that should answer most questions. You can save and load by going to the menu and selecting one of the Data Base options.

The pinout that works for me is:

Richard

· Registered
1,420 Posts
For some reason I cannot get my projector to connect to the computer it give me an failure to communicate messsage does the pin configuration have to be exact I just purchase a db15 to db9 adapter to mate to a db15 cable

· Registered
359 Posts
has anyone tried using the auto convergence options in the control software??

Just curious

· Registered
69 Posts
KJ,

I posted the pin out that I know will work.

AFAIK The "standard" pin arrangement for a VGA 15pin is as follows: pin 1: RED, 2: Green, 3: Blue, 4: Monitor ID (bit 2), 5: Not used, 6: GND (red return), 7: GND (green return), 8: GND (blue return), 9: Not used, 10: GND, 11: Monitor ID (bit 0), 12: Monitor ID (bit 1), 13: Horizontal Sync, 14: Vertical Sync, 15: not used.

For a VGA 9pin the pin-out is: 1:Red, 2: Green, 3: Blue, 4: Horizontal Sync, 5: Vertical Sync, 6: Red return, 7: Green return, 8: Blue return, 9: Ground

As you can see a "standard" 15pin to 9pin VGA cable will not work. You will probably need to get the connectors and make your own. It is kind of a pain in the neck but I find the program very useful and worth the effort to setup.

p.s. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about VGA pin-outs or anything else.

Good luck,

Richard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.