AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i did start with the mechanical setup of my NEC PG+ (using guide at CP) and maxed the fosfor to +/- 1cm from the edge.

I have a 4:3 (1.80mx1.35m) screen (thats roughly a diagonal of 90.1") and according to the install manual ( http://curtpalme.com/docs/NECPG6+_PG9+_Install.pdf ) page 18 my PJ distance should be 2.882m.

When i set it up according to those specifications the image is much bigger then my screen, about 10-15cm on all sides and i have to move the PJ much, much closer to fill in the screen properly.

What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
337 Posts
You are not doing anything wrong ! When maximizing the image on the tube phosphor, distances lens to screen will be much shorter than the distances specified in the manual. Image up to 1 cm from edge does sound reasonable.

The NEC manuals specifications are very conservative. Don't do the same mistake that I made with my 6PG and go strictly according to the manuals specifications.

If you are happy with the screen that you mention, then it has to come closer to the projector or the projector closer to the screen, whichever is easiest to do. Just move screen or projector so that the image fills your screen.

Thomas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.