Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

when I do a mechanical onvergence of my projector, with the electrical settings (sharpness, static position ect) settings to zero.

Everything looks great.

When I turn off the projector, (Yes I save my settings) and close the lid. and turn the projector on ,the blue or red CRT positions of the cross-hatch screen are shifted. I then have to reset them with the electronic settings which throws other settings off and I have to retune the other settings.

Any suggestions to stop this.

PS My projector is on the ceiling in the basement but when the kids run the projector vibrates. What is the chemical (the white paste) that is used to hold the knobs into position.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
That's normal for almost every projector. Either the chassis is shifting or the bit of metal on the lid is affecting the magnetics on the CRT. Even the NEc manual mentions this...

you can do nothing about it. Just realign the mechanical adjustments to compensate when you close the lid.

Curt

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Go with Curts advice. I have the same thing on my PG's. I simply did the mechanical settings, flipping the covers up and down a few times untill I compensated for this. Completely normal. Takes a bit, but when covers closed, static is at or near zero with proper alignments. Degaussing does not help, as it is the interaction of the coils with the proximity of the metals that causes this. It does not, however, hurt in any way to degauss the chassis prior to aligning. The later PG's have this feature built in.

Marc

·
Registered
251 Posts
I found this too... with my PG9000 the red gun moved about an inch to the left as I closed the hinged DEF board. Interestingly, it actually moved smoothly as I closed it :)

I did what Tinman did: Eyeballed the amount of change, adjusted the centering magnets to offset it, and viola, only 2 clicks of static needed to perfectly center the R gun. (So I cheated, sue me.)

- David Eddy

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

About 2 min after I open the projector case the convergence drifted. when I closed the case it re-aligned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.