Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been in the kiddy pool for a few months with a Sony 1042... Now I'm looking at an NEC PG6100 for HDTV. Crtcinema.com's specs say it will handle HDTV (1280x1024 resolution, 38-160 Hz vertical scan, 70 MHz RGB bandwidth).

My cable company is offering a 1080i component output HDTV box free for current subscribers - will this PJ be able to take that sort of input?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
358 Posts
yup

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hold it.... It will handle 1080i with no sweat, but not component. Only RGBHV, you would need a transcoder in between.

Marc

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Marc is correct Trust him, or trust me , or trust no one and try it for your self. All kidding aside component is out, in fact few CRT PJ's will take component. You will however need to at some point scale some DVD's. There are some very good scalers that pass component in the 480P range to RGBHV unscathed. That may be just the ticket.

Chip S.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Transcoder, eh? Any suggestions?

I take it you just can't plug in the component outputs (RGB) into the appropriate inputs and leave the H & D inputs empty?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that was fast. And you guys have been in this forum a long time! Did I mention you guys rock? No? Well, there you are. :D

Would the KD-CTCA2 work for a transcoder (and a VGA breakout cable) for this PJ?

http://www.keydigital.com/detail.asp...ct_ID=KD-CTCA2

I'd check Nirvana's setup, but he's over bandwidth, lol.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.