1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this question for a friend.

He currently has a PlasmaSync 42MP1 (PX-42VM1A) and we found the manual at:

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corp...42PD150PD1.pdf

It doesn't have component inputs. It seems to only have RGB, RGBHV (BNC) and DVI inputs.

We would like to hook up a progressive-scan DVD player to it but most of the DVD players out there are component outputs.

My first question is:

#1. For me to hook up a DVD player, would I use the Audio Authority 9A62 to convert the components to RGB?

#2. If number 1 is true, is there anyone else out there with this screen or similar with the DVD player hooked up?

#3. If number 1 is false, how do I hook up the DVD player?

Currently, it's hooked up via S-Video which makes everything look like.... Well... bad.

Thanks in advance everyone.

-Dan

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not able to help you regarding the use of your 9A62, but I briefly checked my 42MP1 brochure where it stated that Component Video RCA inputs were available. Not sure if this helps you, but you can check a similar brochure yourself at : http://www.projectorshawaii.com/pdf/px42vm1a.pdf

Also, I noticed that the link you refer to as being the Owner's Manual for the 42MP1, is in reality the combined manual for models 42PD1 and 50PD1, two units which have close to nothing to do with the 42MP1, seeing how they're both Public Display models and have very different properties than the MP-line.

The MP1's manual, however, is located here : http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corp...MP1userman.pdf

A quick document search revealed two hits on page 9 where "component video input terminal for DVD" and "component source" were mentioned, a matter which you address in your post.

Hope it works out for you, and don't forget to reply to your own post if you get it working, so that others with the same model can learn from you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
aren't most plasmas like this? They have the 5 port RGB (BNC type) input that can be used as a 3 port component input. you get one of those cables that does the component to bnc connection or you get the bnc adaptors.

but someone who actually has a plasma and does this should confirm.

me, I just want a plasma. real bad. its painfull. really painfull.

can anyone spare a couple g's? :)

Minthrakos

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can definitely use the component cables from the DVD player. I have a 42mp3, but I took a look at the link for the user manual for the mp1 and you can do the same thing that I have done with my mp3.

If you look at the RGBHV connections, you will see that they are also labeled for component connections (at least they are in the manual). You would hook up your DVD player to these connections with a component cable using the corresponding labels for the Cr/Pr, Y, and Cb/Pb connections on the plasma, leaving the H and V connections on the plasma empty. Then, in the Option menu on the plasma, you would adjust the BNC option to be set to Comp. (for component) as shown on page 31 of the manual (using the page numbers printed in the document, NOT Acrobat's page numbering). At that point, you are good to go. I have done this exact thing on my mp3 and it works just fine. I did have to get some RCA -> BNC converters to use my existing component cable. Alternatively, you could get a cable with RCA -> BNC connection on it (probably be able to find either of these at Radio shack?).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.