AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with my QSE loosing it's output position and size adjustments. I had this problem 3 months ago when I bought it (NIB).

Then for no apparent reason it stopped loosing the adjustments and has been fine for about 2 months. Last week it started doing it again. Sometimes it would loose just the size and other times it would loose the output position and size adjustment. A call to support and a discussion with a tech says that I am pushing the output position and size adjustments to hard and that the display is not optimized for the higher resolution. If I do a full reset of the QSE. then select the resolution I want, the resulting image fills the screen vertically but the image fall short by about 10 inches on each side. I have a 4:3 screen. Selecting the input aspect ratio and output aspect ratio to 4:3. Am I missing something other than registering the signal and increasing the amplitude to suit the resolution. The tech say't that the image should fill the screen and only minor adjustments of the position and size adjustments (2%) should be needed. I'm way beond that. I am probably making up about 30% with the QSE's adjustments. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chip S.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And how exactly do you increase the "image size"? The raster size is maxed out horizontally now. NEC 9PG Plus horizontal amplitude @97% plus I've tweaked the horizontal size pot some. I'm running the raster about 3/8 inch from the closest point to the edge. I just can't fill the raster with image, not even close. on the flip side the image spills over vertically and has to be reduced. So what am I doing wrong?

Chip S.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Chip

On the Barco 808 and Marquee 8500 that I have used with the quad there was never an issue with re to image size.

I just did a rough setup on a XG 135 and noticed that I had to run the horiz size to 100% to use all the phosfur. This was using a PC as the input and running at 1024/768. So if I ran a higher res I probably would run into the same problem.

I think (but I am no expert) that you need to adj somthing inside the PJ. With the Barco there is a pot that can be adj to increase the raster size. Many inatallers will keep this as small as possible (while still getting enough pic width at max setting) to avoid the risk of the image hitting the tube edge and eventually breaking the glass. This is a safety in case someone increased the pic size to max. At least that is how I understand it and if I am wrong I would appreciate being corrected.

May I suggest that you contact Terry Ferrrentinos, Doug Baisey or perhaps Curt Palme. They may be able to tell you what to adj on the PJ to increase the image size.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Chip

1 more thing. In the next week or two I should have the tubes changed on my XG 135 and will install it at that time. I have a feeling I may run into the same problem so I am finding this thread rather interesting.

In the meantime I am too busy to play much with the XG so I hope you can find the solution and pass the info on.

Good Luck

Steve

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Steve, I'll tell you this. If you stick with the QSE HD that you bought the (768L (P)) resolution is the best resolution for the NEC that I've tried and best used with the interlaced component connection. And leave the processing set to motion. The image is awsome. I had not liked the 720P at all.

Chip S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.