AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got word, the go ahead has been given regarding online software downloads for the HT1000. A NEC site is being prepared and I will post the link as soon as it goes online.

Good news.

RJ

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
I assume firmware updates.

Gary.

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, firmware updates.

NEC Japan had to clear the idea and they have. Now it's just a matter of getting the site posted.

I'm waiting on word on a couple of other issues, and have my fingers crossed that additional scaling options for the HT1000 via a firmware upgrade, may also be coming.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
What scaling options are they?

Gary.

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Lightfoot
What scaling options are they?

Gary.
Gary...

I have not been able to get a clear answer from NEC, regarding the limitations of the HT1000 firmware as far as adding new controls. But I was told such limitations are behind the delay of any upgrades so far.

I have suggested a couple of ideas and NEC has also followed comments from others, but I'm not sure what might become available.

One idea was to simply add memory registers for the 3D Reform controls so the HT1000 have multiple proprogrammed set ups.

Another idea was to offer variable, independent control of horizontal and vertical scaling.

I would note NEC did alot of things very well with the current HT1000 controls in many areas.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
I'd like to pick up all the advanced picture setting through DVI also.

Like Sweetvision, Deinterlace, Black Enhancments, Contrast Enhancments. Plus the Basic settings.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Thanks for the info Bytehoven.

Gary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ny update on the web site

Also anyone know what the latest firmware issue ficed, I'm on 1.05, 1.09

I suffer from loss of sync (that's what it looks like) using scart RGB into the projector from a digibox.

Bob

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin
Ny update on the web site

Also anyone know what the latest firmware issue ficed, I'm on 1.05, 1.09

I suffer from loss of sync (that's what it looks like) using scart RGB into the projector from a digibox.

Bob
Hi Bob...

The latest update I've heard of was 1.06/1.10 which addresses an issue when switching to [email protected] and Scart taking a little extra time.

I have an email enroute to NEC regarding the website for downloading updates. I'll posts ASAP what I hear.

For now, the only way to get the update is to contact customer service or a local NEC service center. NEC has email updates to people, so you might try calling and asking for an email version of the update and how to use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.