AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't figure out whats causing the squiggly horizontal lines that come and go on my GP-5000 (GE-imager 610). They are on all three guns and will disappear after shutting the PJ off for awhile. Sometime they re-appear if I change the RGB input frequency from 1024x768 to 600x800 then vanish after powering down and up again. They're totally unpredictable. At first I thought I fried the tubes with a power surge. Anybody?

Rick

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Rick,

Can you post a photo? Not sure what squiggly lines look like.

On the GP series you had to exit the top line of the signal entry menu item, not the one below it. Try deleting point memory, it could be the memory is full and cant grab the signal right or the C-F drive board is at fault. I do have some parts for this. Doug

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Rick,

Can you take another with the test pattern up on cross-hatch. Are the lines moving down the screen or stay in one place? Doug

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Dammit Jim, I'm a CRT tech, not a doctor!..;)

I'm about to scrap a GP 5000 that works, so if Doug can diagnose, I can supply the part(s) needed dirt cheap..:)

Curt

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Rick,

Inside the cover on the center board is the C F drive, lift the C connector and see if it goes away or stays there. Dont freak out, it removes the concergence board. Doug

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug, looks like the C board . are there any known components on this board for replacement?

could be overdriven conv. going to try to erase memory and re set up. any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Did removing correct? If yes delete the point first then linearity in the vertical direction. Im not sure but Id do the memory first. You wont find the critical components so its a board most likley. Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.