AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new projector yesterday (G70) and included with the PJ was a NEC ISS-6010 intelligent switcher system.

Anyone know anything about this switcher?

It has a VGA, RGB and a normal composite/svideo card already installed. Anyone know a source for more cards for this? I have searched google and ebay with no luck.

Anyone know which remote this thing takes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Moe: IMHO those are the best switchers available. Although not a true matrix switcher, it can be used with as many as four simultaneous outputs, and will pass component if you have both RGB and component sources to your G70. You can get VGA, RGB or video inputs but need a video decoder card to run plain video. If yours has a regular video input, it likely has the decoder card already. It can be IR controlled. I've tried a couple of different Extron switchers, a Sony 1270 switcher, a Marquee switcher, an ECP switcher, and an Ampro switcher, and IMHO the NEC is the best.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I agree with Paul, but I think most of us have picked up an extra one on ebay for the cards. If your switcher displays E3 when you turn it on, it's not broken, just needs to be set to stand-alone. It is a GREAT switcher.

Marc

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Marc,

As we talk about before...

Lets say I am using the projector without the switcher all I have to do is select the RGB input as I wouldl be using the 6PG with my Line doubler via RGBHV connection.

I dont need to do anything special to the projector to tell it theres no switcher right?

I have not closed the deal to install a new LCD and take the 6PG and switcher as payment just yet. There trying to see if there is a budget for a replacement unit.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Mark,

Can you explain what you mean or the procedure for setting the switcher in stand alone??

I believe I do have one of these that's displaying an E3.

Thanks

Terry

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Terry,

Marc told me last week there is a switch inside the unit that sets it to stand alone I think for use with NON NEC projectors.

I was working on an instalaltion that they ran a VGA cable for control and it doesent use PIN 9 as the switcher needs PIN 9 for part of the communication to the projector. SO if your using it with a NEC you shouldl be OK if you have an HD-15 to HD-15 connected to both switcher and PJ

But inside there should be a switch so you can get the red LED to turn green and the E3 to go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.