AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a vt45 from a laptop running powerstrip. How would I go about getting the perfect pixel mapping that some of the more knowledgeable users talk about? The manual has a bunch of different resolutions and timing setting, I am just not sure which one would give a perfect pixel map. Also, how would I know, if it was a perfect match. I can get the native resolution, but not sure how to do the perfect pixel match. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Test pattern and instructions are at:
http://www.marky.com/main/index.html

Mark describes adjustment for DILA projectors, but the same principles work for LCD projectors.

I have a VT540 and find that if I press the auto-adjust button on the projector, the image snaps into "pixel-perfect" by itself. I can also get it there manually using menu settings on the projector -- but never do because auto-adjust does it so well.

Not sure what others' experience is, but I find that during the 1st 15 minutes of use, the VT540 drifts off of adjustment (even though I have the automatic adjustment setting checked on the setup menu). I find that I need to push the auto-adjust button for it to snap back into adjustment. After 15 min., it says in "pixel perfection" with no further adjustments or pressing of the button.

Any other NEC projector users have this problem?

Regards

BB

·
Registered
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bb80301
Not sure what others' experience is, but I find that during the 1st 15 minutes of use, the VT540 drifts off of adjustment (even though I have the automatic adjustment setting checked on the setup menu). I find that I need to push the auto-adjust button for it to snap back into adjustment. After 15 min., it says in "pixel perfection" with no further adjustments or pressing of the button.

Any other NEC projector users have this problem?
I've seen this problem. Not quite sure is it projector or Radeon feature.

I solved that drifting problem so that I did not check automatic adjustment on the setup menu. I just let my system warm up for 30 minutes and then I pressed auto adjust button on remote and that's it.

Now when I start up projector picture is drifted off but when it warm up couple of minutes it is perfect.

When auto adjust is checked on the setup menu it work so that every time you change resolution it will auto adjust, it does not auto adjust all the time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tk

I've seen this problem. Not quite sure is it projector or Radeon feature.
Thanks, tk...

I use a Radeon LE OEM version flashed for DDR -- maybe it is the card rather than the projector.

I'm going to try your suggestion re: turning auto-adjust off in the menu.

Regards

BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.