AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is that a lot of difference between this 2 projector? Is it worthwhile to pay additional U$ 350 for me to upgrade from VT45 to VT46? I only use it for home theater.

·
Registered
10 Posts
have u viewed the vt450?...because i have,i was going to buy that model,that until i seen it operating

its not a "true" home theatre projector,to bright,excellent for business presentations though

the picture was awful,blacks werent black and the flyscreen effect on that model was very very noticeable...lol..i could still see the flyscreen at more than 5 meters away!

i cant say what the 460 vt model is like as i havnt seen it

look best value for money is prob the Infocus X1,or the Z1

if u thinking bout buying the vt 450 make sure u see a demo,cause if u buy it u might be very dissapointed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yer same projector

X1 is prob the cheapest and value for money ..but like all projectors it has its pitfalls...up to u to read up on the X1's shortfalls

but

the X1 image is quite impressive,i think it costs less than a $1000 US,lucky u yanks having such a strong $,in Australia, X1 sells for round $2000(ebay prices)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry but for HT they are crap. If you want to impress your friends by casting hand shadows that look like different animals then they can hang with the best of them.:D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It's The vt45 and vt460. I bought the vt45 last year before the x1, z1 and 200u came out. It's a great projector very easy to adjust because you can move the lense around without moving the projector.

Last year at this time people were recommending the vt45 for home theater, however contrast levels have vastly improved since last year. You'd probably be better off waiting for next years crop of projectors to show up.

P.S. I also see people with the same problems today with black levels as I had, so I don't think it's a projector that's far off the mark.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was extremely pleased with my NEC VT45. Then my Dad brought over his new X1. Wow...on the improvement in contrast/black levels. I was just about ready to drive over to BB and snag me one if it weren't for those pesky rainbows.

I still think even today, the NEC VT45 produces a fantastic picture right out of the box.

I've seen them as low as $600 on EBay....makes a great entry level projector for someone wanting to get thier feet wet (make sure you feed it with a progressive scan picture and component video cables though!).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I feed the VT45 with HTPC signal and the image is great. I haven't try progresive scan DVD player with component video input. Anyone compared HTPC against progressive scan component? I plan to make my own VGA-component cable, anyone has the pin diagram?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.