AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until now, there were a few informations about the nec projector vt-45. Does it mean that its quality is far to be adequate?

A few questions :

1 - What we can say about screendoor, is it better or worse than the one we get with projectors of the same price?

2 - Should we play-back DVDs from a PC (I have one) because VGA connections are much better than S-Video?

3 - The contrast 300:1 could seem too low if we have in mind the spec. of most projectors (Sanyo Z1). Am I right?

4 - The last version of this projector is labelled "K". I read in this forum that the life of the lamp is much longer. Are there any other improvements?

5 - I am personnaly interested in both, play-back of movies and presentation of technical papers. Is this projector dual-oriented : entertainments and professionnal use?

Thank you for any comment about this projector which is rather new in Switzerland.

Jacques Ligou, Lausanne

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello, I think that the time of the VT-45 is over, he can't compete with the brand new projectors. The Z1 is much better (I know the NEC, but not the last version), but he is just for DVDs (low resolution 16:9), not for a PC use.

My personal entry projector favorite is the InFocus X1 (SVGA DLP with 12°DMD and Faroudjas FLI2200). Maybe you should consider the X1, I am waiting for it to arrive in Europe.

If you really need a presentation projector for technical papers, you might need a higher resolution model. Maybe you should test this first.

Stefan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.