AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't know if any of you have seen the new NEC VT45 ??

I must say it look amazing even though it's only a cheap 800x600

1000ansi lumen projector. The colours are great and the projector

is really easy to install due to the lens shift (both hor. and ver.) which is all done optically. Fan noise is accepitable. This is still only a 4x3 ratio projector. I am still waiting for it but I have been

to my local store a couple of times this week and I'm still amazed (considering the price).

So what do I want with all of this. Get some feedback from someone who owns a NEC VT45 and have some good/bad experience from using it.

And... Anybody who knows how much I can shift the lens vertically from 4 meters distance

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the vt45 for about 2 weeks now. All in all I think that it is a good pj for the price and based on my viewing conditions.

The pj is about 4,3 meters from the screen, which is 2.4 meters wide. At this distance a 16:9 dvd will fill the width of the screen. We sit about the same distance from the screen, so the screendoor effect is minimal.

I think that the colors and the black levels are very good. Motion is handled well, without blurring. The fan volume isn't a real problem as long as you aren't watching a film at really low volumes.

What I have noticed is that the background sharpness of objects or people is not that great, but I am comparing this to a Loewe Credo TV, which is as good as you can get.

Comparisions to pj costing twice as much or more are questionable in my opinion. These will of course be better. Compared to say the sony cineza or philips monroe, I think the vt45 is a better buy.

I havn't changed the factory settings much, just the contract and sharpness as well as the gamma.

Regards,

Roland

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.