AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the avsforum for some time now and other then the usual suspect (X1,Z1,Z2,HS10/20 etc..) I haven't seen a lot of opinions on other cheap projectors like the Nec vt46 or the Mitsubishi SL2U,

anyone use either of those that can give some feedback of the good the bad and the ugly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by itsteveg
I have been reading the avsforum for some time now and other then the usual suspect (X1,Z1,Z2,HS10/20 etc..) I haven't seen a lot of opinions on other cheap projectors like the Nec vt46 or the Mitsubishi SL2U,

anyone use either of those that can give some feedback of the good the bad and the ugly?

Thanks.
I had the same experience, I kind of liked the SL2U but could not find any

reviews or posts on it. The specs are almost identical to the HC2 which was

reviewed at Projector Central. In any case, because I felt I should take a

more conservative approach since I am new to this game I decided to go

with the BenQ 6100.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I installed some VT46 's in a couple of local hospital AV rooms.

I know about this projector because I have the two year old model the VT45 in my basement theater. Two years ago people where recommending the VT45 for HT.

The VT46 has a 1200 lumen output so it's good for presentations in a lit room. It's brighter than my VT45 which leads me to think you can improve the contrast levels with a grey screen or FL-Day filter without sacrificing light levels.

It's best to connect it with a progressive scan player using the component output to a VGA adapter. I believe it's called a ADP-CV1 adapter.

There's a $100 rebate till March so the price is excellent right now.

There is a screen door effect but if you're far enough away it's not too noticable.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it although the price is good. There are better projectors that will give you a better picture out of the box however all these entry level projectors do have flaws to them.

I myself have my sights set on a NEC LT240k because I want a better quality picture. The build quality on NEC projectors is excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.