AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have started noticing a line of random, misfiring horizontal pixels that will suddenly appear in the middle of the image projected from my NEC VT540. This only happens every now and then, but the only way to make the line of pixels disappear is to cycle through the video sources using the "Source" button on the remote--the "Auto Adj"(ust) button does not clear up the display. Once I've cleared the misfiring pixels everything seems to be fine (i.e., no dead or misfiring pixels).

My unit is one of the older VT540's, not the "K" model, but it does have the firmware upgrade for accepting 480p input through the RGB port. Also, I can confirm that I definitely did not have this problem before the firmware upgrade was installed last November, and the problem occurs whether I'm using the RGB or S-Video input ports.

Is this something that other NEC VT540 owners have seen? Is this something that I need to be concerned about?

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Scott, my VT540 is a factory-serviced original VT540 which I received with the new firmware already downloaded in July '01. Since then I have put 766 hours on it (maybe 760 of those on the RGB input). I have NEVER seen the problem you describe.

If you have time left in your warranty, maybe you should consider swapping it out. It sounds unfortunately like maybe it has an intermittant hardware failure.

Gary

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two years left on the warranty. Honestly I'm of a mind to just let sleeping dogs lie, since it only happens every now and then... my VT540 is pixel-perfect when it's not acting up; I'd hate to send it to the factory only to have it's LCD replaced with one that has permanently dead and/or misfiring pixels. But since there obviously is something wrong, I thought I'd poll fellow VT540 owners and see if anyone else has seen this problem.

Maybe I'll just wait until a few weeks before my warranty expires and THEN risk an LCD replacement...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.