Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

Sorry for the cross post, I've posted this in the DVD Player forum as well... (wasn't getting any hits there...)

Ok, so here's my problem. I've got a NEC VT540K projector that supports 480p. I just bought a new Panasonic RP82 progressive scan player (got rave reviews in the DVD Player forum).

The problem is when I run it progressive scan (using a breakout cable) it looks like crap. It is "ringing" (or ghosting, not sure what to call it) like crazy. I've tested it with Star Wars I and it looks terrible. If I put it into interlaced mode it is fine (comprable to my older Sony DVD Player).

What gives? Is this normal for some reason? Is it because of the line doubler in the projector (I think it has one)? I've tried every setting possible on the projector/dvd player and no luck? Am I just destined to use 480i?

Thanks everyone,

Ross

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, to update my own post...

I took the Panasonic RP82 back. Tested it with a 16:9 Sony Wega and it was great. As a further test I brought home a Denon DVD-900. SAME PROBLEM.

I now understand that all LCD Projectors have a line doubler built in them, to to varring quality. So since I've had issues with both DVD Players I can only assume 1 of 2 things.

1. My projector is bad in some way

2. My projectors line doubler isn't handling the progressive signal properly

Anyone else have any ideas? Any VT540 owners out there using progressive scan players? I am better off with an iScan scaler?

Thanks and please help!!!

Ross

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And to finish up my own post (I just like talking to myself...)

It was a bad VGA cable. My breakout cable is fine, but my VGA extension cable apparently isn't. Ordered a new one..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.