AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand they are not the same thing.

What will I need to go from a home theatre pc to the XG RGB HV inputs?

I assume this is the highest quality method of input.

Any other ways to achieve maximum results from a pc?

All digital signal path? I think its PDI?

Anyway - for now - what type of cable and what price range of cable will suffice? Short run under 10-12 feet max.

I know some cable is bad, some better and some even better but its a marketing scam.

What do I realistically need?

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
The output of an HTPC is RGBHV, so you can either go straight into the XG110 or go into an Extron interface first, if you have a very long cable run.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by techman707
The output of an HTPC is RGBHV, so you can either go straight into the XG110 or go into an Extron interface first, if you have a very long cable run.

Bruce
So with a run of 10' no need for any other hardware between right?

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
There is really no need for anything else. Up to about 6 feet, most every cable I have tested shows NO degradation of the signal. When you get into longer runs, some of the cheap cables show HF attenuation and sometimes light smearing. You don't have to spend over $100 to get a decent cable. Extron makes excellent cables, but a little pricey. You might want to cheap some of the forum sponsors above. What you would be looking for is a 15pin VGA connector to 5 connector BNC cable to go from your PC to RGBHV projector.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well - Whats a good quality and at what price - is $10 to little - $55 much better? Any specs to be aware of?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.