Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be a pest, but .....

Are there any early model XG owners or dealers out there that might possibly have the earlier NEC Control Software (not 2.0)

The software loads alright, but all I get upon executing any command other than On/Off is

'Command ACK not received'

I tried the PG software too, but it gives me the same response.

I have looked and looked, I'm begging here ...

BTW, Anyone have an extra RC-6321 remote lying around for a fair price ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
What xg model you have ? I have use the SW on both 750 and 135LC with no problem. I would double check the wiring betwee connectors and make sure it is plug into the right port on th PJ (not the remote port).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an early serial number XG-1100

I am using the option port on the projector to a 9 pin on my notebook.

Projector to serial port

6 RD -------- 3 TD

7 TD --------- 2 RD

8 RTS ------ 8 CTS

12 CTS ----- 7 RTS

15 SGnd --- 5 SGnd

The software appears to load just fine which it won't do if the baud

rate is set wrong. I can use the software to turn the projector on and off,

so I think I am communicating somewhat. I just can't get past that ACK problem when I try to do anything else.

It's driving me NUTS!

I even reversed CTS and RTS to make sure, and that didn't help.

Maybe my serial board is bad in the PJ ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, am I confused!

Everything that I read says that pin 1 of the DB9 is DCD and pin 4 DTR

If so, then your diagram appears to indicate that you have RTS and CTS going to DCD & DTR. Do I have that right ?

Well, I tried your wiring and unfortunately THAT doesn't seem to work either.... Mmmpf!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hmm,

That is curious. I just opened my connectors to make sure that my wiring matched the diagram and it is exact. I'm sure you know this but just wanted to mention the pin layout in the diagram is as shown from the REAR of the connector (not the side you plug in) with 1 starting on the right. The DB9 is similar with 1 starting on the right.

Be sure you use the OPTION port (as you mentioned earlier). You can try different Baud rates under EXPERT FUNC>OPTION>Setting Mode>Page 4(TAB) Option port baud rate.

On the PC end, it's possible your serial port has some setting that is interfering. Check that IRQ 3 and 4 are not used by some other device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.