AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to my XG135lc, my problem is with the new green tube, the blue and red seam fine.

If I zero all convergance, focus, astig etc at root menus, when I look at the centre of the screen with green on only, the text on the desktop is distorted but in focus, So I'm guessing this is astig, but with it all the astigs zero'd shouldnt the middle of the screen be correct for astig?. - the blue and red are.

also I cant seem to focus one side of the green too well, looking into the tube face, adjusting focus and astig, it is still quite fuzzy.

oh and when the raster centreing is zero'd the green raster is off to one side by a little, but blue and red are roughly in the same place on the tube face.

Do theese simptoms suggest that the cpc magnets on the new green tube are not correctly adjusted?.

Thankyou

Ryan

ps the projector is from Curt, he put the new Green tube in, and set the cpc's but he may have been rushed at the time.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Ryan

What do you mean distorted?

Astig is part of focusing the PJ, there are the magnets on the tube that are the astig magnets, there is the focus pots, the lense adjustment, flapping adjustment, remote adjustment.

The CPC magnets will move the image you are seeing on the tube face around a little.

Do not mess with the magnets on the tubes till you learn more about the PJ, they are probably fine where they are at.

During convergence you center the green first (pretty sure there is seperate controls for all the colors in the menu's) then you do the blue and red on the face of the tube then you swing the tubes so they line up on the screen, of course you want the PJ in the correct position to the screen.

Do not expect everything to be perfect on the face of the tube, it can be done but it"s alot more work then you need to do.

Deron.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.