AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The idea with the phase adjustment is to get the hump in the middle of the vertical lines and not have any (or as little as possible) distortion on the horizontal lines as they aproach the edge of the screen. If you take and swing the controls you will see what I mean.

Terry

·
Registered
299 Posts
Phase is used to align the internal alignment pattern with the source pattern. Use a alignment grid from your source to center your projector. If you mark your screen at the center with some 3m blue tape, you will see that 9 times out of 10 your alignment grid generated by the projector will be off, i.e. not centered. Use the phase adjustment to align this grid with the center of the screen. This is done per Terry's instructions. Once completed, you have the option of using the internal patterns for convergence.

Pete

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Per an earlier response by Guy Kuo to the same question, I understand that the phase adjustment should be done as the first step in setting up a new signal.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ssj2
Per an earlier response by Guy Kuo to the same question, I understand that the phase adjustment should be done as the first step in setting up a new signal.
If you're talking about picture phase, it has to be done at the point you start to feed an external signal. Otherwise, it has no affect on an internal pattern, of course each different source would have a different phase position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.