AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with a NEC XG projector (e.g., XG750, XG1100, etc.) tell me if the service manual says how to reset the projector adjustments to the original factory setting? The would include clearing the Passcode and clearing all of the stored converenge settings.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Ron

There is a thread on that somewhere. Do a search for it.

Deron

·
Registered
628 Posts
I must admit that I too have been looking for this without success. There are plenty of posts that refer to it but don't actually explain how its done. Having just bought and retubed my XG, I'd like to re-set it to the factory defaults but don't know how. :(

Any kind soul willing to PM us with the details?

Many thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
523 Posts
I thought there was NO universal reset for the NEC XG's. Chuck Williams recalibrated my projector last month (well worth the $$$!) and I believe he said that you have to go into each setting on each signal and put them back to default manually. There is no single setting to set everything to factory defaults.

Chuck or someone else with more XG know-how is welcome to validate or correct this statement!

-Alex-

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ron,

Take this with a grain of salt, because I too am a newbie. I have an XG1100. When I got it, struggled and struggled to get it converged. The previous owner had used a lot of point convergence. To clear this out, I deleted the input, and recreated it. Write down all the input settings prior to deletion!!!Once that was complete, I set everything to zero and did a static alignment and did a rough convergence in 30 minutes. The end result was 10 times better than anything I had obtained previously. No point convergence required. I do not know if this gets you to "factory" settings, but it does clear out a lot of garbage.

I did not do this without guidance, I was directed either by a post on this site or by Curt. Unfortunately, I do not have the projector or my manuals in front of me, so I can not give you the exact menu commands.

Pete

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pwentz3l
Ron,

Take this with a grain of salt, because I too am a newbie. I have an XG1100. When I got it, struggled and struggled to get it converged. The previous owner had used a lot of point convergence. To clear this out, I deleted the input, and recreated it. Write down all the input settings prior to deletion!!!Once that was complete, I set everything to zero and did a static alignment and did a rough convergence in 30 minutes. The end result was 10 times better than anything I had obtained previously. No point convergence required. I do not know if this gets you to "factory" settings, but it does clear out a lot of garbage.

Pete
I agree with Pete delete the entry and start from scratch. It my take a little longer but you will not risk the chances of pushing the projector too hard. Also keep in mind to keep your alignment sessions short (10-15 minutes). I have heard of others damaging the C-Drive (I think) board by making too many convergence adjustment during a long period of time it may cause the board to overheat and fail.

Mike

·
Registered
502 Posts
On the service remote there is a "normalize" button that lets you reset each adjustment to factory specs, but you need to be in each adjustment and then press normalize for it to work.

Alun

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
When hitting "normalize" it returns all the factory set up per current input.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This raises an interesting question. If you delete the input signal, and start again, then you use the default entry as a starting point. The problem is that the default entry is very easiliy overwritten. So what do you do if the default entry has had lots of point applied, other than going through the process of normalising every setting (which is what I always do, even though it is a pain!)?

Regards

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.