Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I have another problem with my XG75. There is a distortion on the upper right corner of the screen that I cannot get rid of. None of the alignment/convergence or point controls have any effect on this corner of the red tube.

I've attached an image to show the distortion. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Last time I saw this, the eprom had to be re-initialized.

Marc

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping it would be something easy. How do I reset the eprom? I have my settings saved.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
cheez,

Check the tilt and cursor phase first, from the pic it looks off and also the side to side linearity. Normalize the point on all 3 colors if it is off, if it isnt then Tinmans correct, could be corrupt. Might try deleteing the input and start over from the temporary line. Doug

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Doug,

The picture is one that I just drew up at work on mspaint. Linearity is fin on the actual projected image. I checked the tilt on the DY and on the digital control, they seem fine. I also normalized the point convergence, tried a new entry and adjusted the phase. None had any effect on the corner. Is there anything else I should check before reseting the eeprom? I not, how is the reset done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
cheez,

This will wipe everything out, are you sure you want to do that? Its easier to delete the input. Check lens tilt to see if its the same as the blue and check the lens spacers. This could render a brain dead projector. Doug

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure that's what I want to do, but if that is what it takes.... I did delete the signal entry, is that the same as deleting the input? I checked the lens spacers, it's set the same as the blue.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
cheez,

Set the static to 0 on the green, red and blue. Put H position to 0. Go to raster centering and move the red and blue to match the green (cross-hair) pattern. When your done check the raster in each tube face to see if they are centered, if they are the red should be ok now. Doug

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I did as you said and still have that distortion. The rasters and image are centered on all 3 tubes.

The only way I was able to get rid of the distortion by setting the V. TILT on red to about -50 and rotating the DY to compensate. Is this a workable solution?

Thanks you guys for all your help and have a great Thanks Giving..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.