AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a used Crystal image scaler to go along with my XG110 and Panasonic RP82 DVD player. I want to be able to run 720P and would like to know what people think of this combination. Is there a better scaler that one could buy for about the same amount of money? $600 used? What down falls are there with this scaler?

http://www.avscience.com/crysatl.htm

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have used both the VS 2.0 and 4.0 and am happy with both. The only difference is that the 4.0 has two of each input and a 10 bit video processor as opposed to the 2.0's 8 bit.

De-interlacing is superb as is color rendition.

It has three memory settings for each input and three aspect ratio choices (for non high-def pass thru sources), normal, zoom and anamorphic.

It also has position adjustments, and the normal bright, contr, tint, hue and both vertical and horizontal sharpness.

Auto on, auto input make it easy to operate.

All in all a great unit and especially at that price.

BTW, mine feeds a 1031q at 540p, soon to be upgraded to a Mits VS-1280.

Good Luck,

Jim

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Rick,

1280X720P 60 hz works well with the NEC. What format screen will you be using, 16X9 or 4:3? If 4:3 you can run 768P

Im pretty sure the CI outputs 60 hz only, great price BTW! Doug

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My screen size is a 1:85 ratio and I am working on the wife factor to let me buy it. She is not that crazy about me spending more money after I have already dumb so much into my system.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.