AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an XG1100 off ebay (last week) with a line doubler -500hours on new tubes!!! I'll be hoisting it to the ceiling this evening and then hopefully getting it converged. Can anyone provide some tips or hints as to what to do in what order? I have a 1352/852 manual and have downloaded the doc on the forum about setup (though it seems more Sony focused). Any special tricks or techniques that a first timer could do to get as good a PQ as a non-pro can? I plan to set it up for 4:3 as we watch 16:9 and Satellite about equally. Plan to get HDTV sometime in the next 6 months. I read that it's possible to have multiple projector set-ups in memory. Can I create 16:9 and 2.35:1 set ups in memory and just click a button to switch? If so, how's it done? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,

Bought on Ebay from Curt Palme?, i,m sure he can help you out

He"s a real NEC XG fan/guru,and of course Guy Kuo is someone to ask about an XG!

Hope they're reading this.

Otherwise hit the search mode.

With the proper setup the NEC XG series is in imho one the best 8" crt projectors.

Enjoy.

CBT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had contacted Curt, also received his list, but most of his units were out of my price range. I was also able to pick it up which allowed me to spend just a little more as well. Overall, I think I scored - especially with the line doubler and ceiling hanger. Since I didn't purchase from Curt, I didn't feel right taking his time (unless volunteered on this forum) - though it is clear he has strong affinity for the NEC units.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
First tip, don't hang the projector until you've read the manual 2 or 10 times. Read as many XG posts ans you can stand. You've got a real nice projector there, one of the best. The down side is, they can be a bear for the first timer to deal with. Do not rush into anything. Read read read and then read some more. You can thank me later.

Chip S.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Send me an email. I wrote a general guide on setting up CRT's.
[email protected]

Terry

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Be sure to read the Guy Kuo setup which shows up about a page down from the top of the thread. This and other links are now being collected in the sticky note thread that Alan started for Important CRT info..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.