Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On my XG135, I can't figure out how to get the horizontal linearity right for 1080i or 1152i, as output by my HTDV receiver. I can get the linearity perfect vertically. I can also get it perfect both horizontally and vertically for all other resolutions I have tried, which have all been progressive resolutions output by my Quadscan Pro.

The horizontal linearity on 1080i or 1152i is a problem though. When I bring a fine grid test pattern up (internal), I can get the left and right to mirror grid to be a mirror image, but I can't get the width of the boxes to be linear across the screen.

When I measure the width of each box in the grid, I measure at the left edge, at 1/8, at 1/4, and at the centre, and here is what I get. (ignore the dots, I couldn't figure out how to tabulate the data)

Left....1/8.....1/4....Centre

--------------------------------

105mm...100mm...96mm...100mm

No matter how I adjust the linearity or the linearity balance, I can't seem to get it linear, and it's driving me nuts!

So, I figure it could be one of the following
  • The projector is broken
  • The projector doesn't like interlaced images
  • The projector specifically doesn;t like the output of the HSTV receiver
  • The HDTV receiver is putting out a dodgy signal

Anyone got any ideas of what to look at?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

John

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Try the sublinearity control which is accessed by control+linearity.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Conceptualizing it as moving the 1/4 and 3/4 points across the screen in and out without moving the leftmost and rightmost ends.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
After firing up the pj for a movie tonight I used the Cntrl-Linearity button combo and found it was just a different way to get to the Linear Balance adjustment...I've always gotten to it through the convergence menu.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fellas,

Thanks to all that have replied, I appeaciate the help.

Guy, Thanks for the tip. CTL+Linearity takes you to the Linearity Balance menu, as KennyG found out. I've tried playing with this control at length, and found that it while it does adjust the 1/4 and 3/4 points across the screen, it also affects the outer edges proportionally. So, if I adjust the linearity balance so that the 1/4 and 3/4 are correct, then the outer edges are much much wider than the centre.

Vern, I've never seen that adjustment, I'll take a look tonight, thanks!

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Regards

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.