AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a green scrolling picture when I feed 1080i component from a Hipix to my XG. I'm using a 15 pin VGA cable from the Hipix to the Extron switcher and from the Extron, a vga to rgbhv breakout cable. I just tell the Hipix to output either RGB or component 1080i.

Do I need to run a separate YPbPr breakout cable to the XG, bypassing the Extron? Do I need a component input module for the XG852? Can the XG852 even handle 1080i component?

What I'm really trying to figure out is will the DVHS JVC 3K's 1080i component will work with my XG852, without using a convertor.

Thanks

Vance

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Does your pj have the Comp decoder board physically installed in the card cage at the back of the unit ? If it does, then in theory, it should display a component signal, but mine wouldn't do so from a progressive scan DVD player with component outputs, without picture jumping. I don't know if it was the player or the projector, but it didn't work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gn2,

No, my projector does not have component input module. But, according to the service manual, my rgbhv input board should be able to accept 1080i component on R, G, B connectors, but, all I get is a scrolling green picture.

Vance

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Vance,

Quote:
I just tell the Hipix to output either RGB or component 1080i.
What do you mean "either"? You choice component for component.

The XG85 supports direct component input within it's scanning frequency which is, upto 85Khz of course! I suspect it's the cable/Extron issue. Try a direct connection from the HiPix to the XG85 RGB with the HiPix Y to XG85 G. And make sure the XG85 is in component input mode by selecting Input List -> New Entry -> Input A -> Component.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
When I say input module, I don't mean the part that sticks out of the machine and physically connects to the projector, there should be a Comp Dec board installed in the projector which allows it to decode the component signal when connected to the normal RGBHV inputs. I have read that this board was an option except on the "2" designated XG85's. It is located inside the projector, in a card cage at the back. If all your card cages are full, you have it, if one card cage is missing a board, the projector can't decode the component signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.