Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members,

I have a dilemma at the moment I have a sony VAV D-50 set up in my HT room it has new CRTs and it is looking good. Approx 780 hrs on the crt.

In my office I have an NEC XG852 in its original box with original crts approx 4600hrs and some wear on the green and blue tube.

I was thinking of selling the XG because of the price of the CRTs.

Should I keep it ?

Is it worth the trouble of set up and new crts?

Or should I just keep the sony in the HT room knowing that I can easily replace the tubes with sony at a fraction of the cost of the NEC tubes.

What will you do? :confused:

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I would sell the D50 to fund the retubing of the XG - but you'll be projectorless for a while.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Well, NECs are a real bear to configure and setup, but imo it has better pq than the Sony which has smaller crts. If the tubes are not too bad, i would keep the NEC and try to set that up.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Or sell them both and get a G70 maybe?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts

DVD MAN said:
Hello Members,

easily replace the tubes with sony at a fraction of the cost of the NEC tubes.

QUOTE]

Not true, the prices are about teh same. But the Sonys will be new, the NEC"s will be rebuilds.

The NEC is far superior to the Sony, esp after a couple of thou hours when the Sony tubes start aging due to ES focusing.

With

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you gents for that info. So ok I stay with the NEC Now I need to rebuild my green and blue crt So who in Jersey rebuilds these crts? Is there a big diffrence in picture quality? Since they are rebuild tubes what is the guality of them? Will they last?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem, I have a Sony VPH-D50HTU and I have noticed the brightness in less and less. Is there replacement tubes that will work and give me a brighter picture?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.