Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my unit last night and took it home

and was relieved to find that the 41.3 inch

wide monitor fit perfectly into my 41.5 inch

wide cabinet. Ran both sd sattelite and a

panny rp-91 into the NEC. First off, the line

doubler in the NEC is very good, little or

no difference in quality vs. the progressive

out of the rp91. Sat tv also looked very good.

I had to adjust the black level down a bit from

factory settings, and I havent went through

video essentials setup yet. The colors,black level

and picture quality look very good. I am very

happy with the unit so far, no dead pixels, no

buzzing or fan to worry about, and it is plenty

bright. Just my untrained observations, but I

dont think anyone waiting on one of these will

be dissapointed.

Jon.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey another MP3 owner :) I stayed with the factor gray scale setting (2). Using VE I had to cut the black level just a bit and boost the contrast. The results are very nice. My friend that I work with from time to time is a ISF tech. He came and calibrated the set. I'm extremely pleased with the results.

I did find a few add-on's to take the picture up a notch or two. I just finished designing a parallel filter for a client of mine. So a couple a days ago I decided to start to break it in while I built a few other things for him. HOLY COW!!! The picture quality looks like your looking out a window. The depth and the layering within the depth is breathtaking. Skin tones are realistic. Improved color saturation (I'm using the internal scaler via a WireWorld Gold Starlight III rca cable). So play around with yours and have a good time :) The filter worked, I'm going to order a www.b-p-t.com BP2 Ultra later on, and power cords were a plus. I found the older series III Electra from WireWorld to work best so far.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ricky,

I'm restricted from selling products on avs forums. If you want more information you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

I make a diy version for much less compared to my commercial.

·
Registered
411 Posts
In Alan's defense, he gave me some great ideas for diy power cord upgrades. I just didn't have the time to tinker with them although I think it would have both fun and cost effective. I did upgrade from my oem power cord on the Panasonic with pleasing results.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well thank you Iceman for those kind words...ok folks this is what I can tell you about the filter without getting into a sales pitch. It's a 3 chamber design. I originally designed the unit for a radar system I was working on for the Air Force. In that application it worked very well. In our hobby it's the best of it's kind that I have seen. Everything from black level and contrast to color and tint is vastly improved. Issues about false contouring are greatly improved. False contouring is produced when the switching power supply injects noise into the power line. The noise is picked up by all video components in the chain...basically it's the video form of digital jitter. Placing the unit prior to your components almost if not completely eliminates this problem. You will notice do to the improved black level and contrast better definition, depth, and detail. Colors will be brighter and more realistic. Skin tones will be natural. Basically as I described before it looks like your looking out a window...the nice thing is this...I'm not describing dvd component video, sat video, or HDTV. I'm describing standard analog and digital cable using a composite video input. It's the closest thing to HDTV your going to find with 480p quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.