AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STK chips on the focus and convergence drive boards are often discussed here and many have had these go and screw up edge focus ability. Some refer to these as the focus drivers. My question is what drives the electronic astigmatism and do these fail at some point? I ask this because I have a couple of edges that don't adjust as well as others. Also, I wish we had six pole magnets on PG's. Stupid question, If you placed a second set of CPC magnets in front of the original 2/4 pole set, could this help to correct the triangle condition in the corners? I get scan lines at 768P accross the intire screen but, the corners are not as tight as the center, 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock edge position. I blame this on the inability to get nice tight dots in the corners.

Chip S.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Chip, the DCPC board on the side of the PG plus and xtra handles the astig. The PG6/9000 does not have this board, or the extra card in the system cage to control it. As to adding an extra set of magnets, well, I don't know. BUT I did exactly that to my sony 1030. I stuck a set of 4 pole magnets on the CRT's and the improvement is DRAMATIC! Then a set of HD-144 lenses topped it off. The image is darker, but almost as good as a PG6.

So, it could work. I don't see why a set of 6pole from an XG wouldn't work. It should. Now I am getting ideas..... DRAT!

Marc

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Chip

I just tried that, putting an extra set of astig magnets on my 10PG, it did not help and it did not hurt the focus.

Yeah the next thing I was thinking was getting a 6 pole magnet to try. They put it on the XG for some reason, might help. I find you have to try a dozen different things before you hit on the one that works.

Deron.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.