AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone compared sound quality between paradigm monitor, and studio series? Has someone owned both? Want to upgrade, from the polk rti series, i have now. Anyone compared monitor, or studio, to the polk rti series? I have rti a7 for fronts, csia6 center, rtia3 for surrounds, and fxia4 for rear surrounds(bipole, dipole design). Hope you can help.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I spent some time listening to the Studio 20's...I was considering them or Monitor towers...they blew away the Monitor 7's and 9's. The 20's had a deeper bass and and airyness(sp)? that the 7's and 9's could not match. The 20's were quite a bit more expensive however.

My budget did not reach the 20's level though and my local shop, I tested the 20's in Clark's Music/Syracuse NY, offered a brand new pair of Monitor 11's for the price of 7's so I went that direction.

At some point I will sell my Monitor system and replace it with Studio...I did like them that much.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I think when I priced out the Studio 20's, Studio 10's, cc490 and maybe the DSP 3200 and the msrp is somewhere around $3500? but you have one heck of a system and can generally get a bit of a discount at the shops that carry them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.